What's wrong with just saying "original re-release" and giving the date?

Saul
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hope" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 1:17 PM
Subject: [MOPO] A question for you pros

I have advertised posters on ebay as "original movie posters" even
though they are re-issues.  I had hoped by putting them in the
appropriate years catagory buyers would know they were re-issues.
My logic was that since they were printed and sent to movie theatres by
the advertising distributor they were originals and not copies, just
another and subsequent printing.

I've received notes from one of the pros in the business suggesting that
I was misleading the buyers.

Do you agree?  Should I be saying, "original re-issue" in the subject?
What do you think. What would you say.

I have added the following note to my 2 posters in question:
This Poster is an original re-release from 1980.  It was made by the
distributor after the initial original posters were printed.

I appreciate your comments since I pride myself on my honesty and
integrity and am always willing to learn.
many thanks
Hope