Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 20:52
Subject: [MOPO] linen backing

 Hi John,

I put this on my site on the linen backing page.

Linen Backing is not recommended for all posters:

Linen backing is NOT recommended for newer posters, double sided posters, or for older rolled posters that are still in Near Mint Condition and need no restoration.

For older folded posters: If you don't like fold lines and/or it is not in what you consider "displayable condition", and you purchased it mainly to display and enjoy, and you are not very concerned about its "investment potential", then we recommend you go ahead and have it linen backed and preserved. If you are a die hard movie poster investor/collector, you may want to think twice about having an EX C8 or better condition poster backed. There is a belief among some investor/collectors that unrestored posters will command a premium over restored/linen backed posters.

In most cases, linen backing will increase the value of a poster.

David A. Lieberman
CineMasterpieces.com
602 309 0500
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com