I think all 3 American styles I saw were nice posters.. check out the
British quad

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-30x40-King-kong-movie-poster-Peter-Jackson_W0QQitemZ7574201593

Rich============

At 10:55 PM 12/19/05, JR wrote:
Obviously there are still too many people who weren't able to get
out to see KONG this weekend, so I'm going to stick to holding off
on a detailed review until this coming Monday (it's killing me
keeping my mouth shut about this, tho...) I will say this... I found
Jackson's KING KONG style A one-sheet to be less than wonderful. Not
bad, but pretty uninspired considering the potential -- and not even
a terribly accurate rendition of Ann Darrow-as-portrayed-by-Naomi
Watts.  Whereas the style A one-sheet for NARNIA is really fine, one
of the nicest pieces of poster artwork I've seen in recent years.

Also, the box-office returns are interesting:

CHRONICLES OF NARNIA, THE LION, THE WITCH and THE WARDROBE did $65.6
million at the U.S. box-office during its opening weekend. The movie
also earned an estimated $42 million in 14 overseas markets.

Jackson's KING KONG did $66.2 million at the U.S. box-office during
its opening weekend. The movie also earned an estimated $63.4
million in 55 overseas markets.

So, KONG only narrowly nudged out NARNIA, which is a children's film
that got extra hype because of the alleged "Christian allegory"
tie-in. That tie-in will give NARNIA some legs (it stayed number 2
at the box-office this weekend, bringing in another $31.2 million)
-- and, of course, KONG will have legs of its own. But still, what
we have here is either a very unexpectedly strong showing for NARNIA
or a bit of a weak opening for KONG. Not sure which.

But, least we become jaded by modern day box-office statistics,
let's not forget that that both openings are still impressive --
they now represent the 2nd and 3rd biggest weekend openings ever in
December, topped only by the $72.6 million debut of
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/>The Lord of the Rings: The
Return of the King in 2003.

It's safe to say the they will make their money back on KONG (and
Jackson will get back the $34 million of his own money which they
made him pony up at the last minute to clinch the distribution
deal). But if KONG has the legs to become a $600 million-plus true
blockbuster remains to be seen.