Isn't everybody?

K.

On Jan 2, 2006, at 9:26 PM, David Kusumoto wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:51:23, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Go stick a pin your eye, Andy. I doubt it will make you any more
blind than
you already appear to be.  Phil

Hey there's no need for that.  Andy's expressing how he feels.  I
don't
think he's saying others who disagree are WRONG.  It's a
preference.  Leave
him alone.

OK, so what I wanna know is -- how many people on this list are
gay?  Come
on, fess up.  I think some of us think about this from time to time.
Irrelevant?  Sure is.  So what?

So long as the same people keep baring their souls here, it'd be
nice for a
gay guy to step up to the plate to tell us whether a film like
Brokeback
Mountain, for ex., reflects reality or not.  I'd like to know.

You know something else?  Here's the twisted sexist thing about
some of us
men.  We talk about discomfort, as if our insecure manhoods are on
the line,
about watching two men kiss -- but hey, how come some of us aren't
fleeing
for the exits watching two women kiss?  What's up with that?  Why
do we dig
this?  What a double standard.

Just thought I'd liven things up a little by introducing irrelevant
stuff
(which will be met with p.c. silence).  Yet this is something I
confess I
think about when reading these posts.  I know those who are gay,
but others
I have no clue.  My wife and I have a hundred (OK, maybe 20) openly
gay
friends (yup, even here in right-wing San Diego) and this subject
comes up
for the very reason it IS irrelevant -- which in turn makes for
hilarious
and clowny conversation, no kidding, tears coming from your eyes,
that kind
of s***.   I trust some of these "people" with my life.

Anyway, catch "Curb Your Enthusiasm" for a straight take about how
silly
these hang-ups can be.  Hence the reason I appreciated Larry
David's article
in the Times.

-koose!