From: "Phil Edwards Cinema Arts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Fwd: [MOPO] BONHAM'S DISASTER not a disaster for
MovieArt

Grading condition is often all in the eye of the beholder.
I've long found auction house grading in the A,B, C method applied to
posters is the loosest of the lot.
A simple "out of 10" doesn't do it for me either.

We prefer to describe as many "condition issues" as we can find when we
describe a poster/lobby card/still, etc. If a little two man-band like
my wife and I run can list thousands of items a year on our website,
online auction sites and in personal mail-outs to customers for every
item whether it's ten bucks or ten thousand, I don't think it's a lot to
expect a professional auction house to do the same for their items,
particularly when they are expecting high bids from many people that
can't even see the item first hand at all and are paying a buyer's
premium on top.

Phil

Doug Ball wrote:

Michael & all,

I'm starting to realize that auction house's that use the A, B, C,
grading method, really mean A- acceptable, B-bad, C-chitty!
Sorry guy's....but you need to get with the time's!

Doug