Michael
Don't give up.   Sooner or later you will find all these pieces,
Walter Reuben
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael B
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:35 PM
Subject: [MOPO] i probably will give up my Want Lists on this site

in the 7 years or so that i have have posted Want Lists here, i only purchased one item:  Lost Weekend, OS....$500 (about 6 years ago).  a very nice contributor to this forum, with an awesome collection.

i am branded a collector, so i am constanlty insulted with offers to sell at high prices----prices usually higher than the top auction houses!!!  i have even been offered reissues for amounts higer than one sheets.

of course, there are reliable sellers here.  freeman comes to mind.  he and i have exchanged nice stories.

the latest offer............   in response to my post for STRANGERS ON A TRAIN insert, a calif dealer (female, who boasted as having a huge gallery with a high overhead) told me that she sold one some years ago for $950, and told me she had a folded one for sale.  she asked me to make an offer,,,,,,,,,,,,

i replied that last week a mint one sheet on ebay for 999 did not sell.  i also stated that a mint insert on ebay did not sell for 699 five months, ago.   i, also, stated that at bruce h's auction 2 months, ago that he sold a good condition one for 475, shipping included.  i added that bruce is known for usually getting top dollar for his stuff, and asked her to quote me a price.

this dealer responded by saying something stupid about bruce's auctions.  i responded briefly, and havent heard from her, again.  GOOD!!!

I GIVE UP.

michael
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com