My guess would be that all were guests stars on I Love Lucy.  Sad, isn't it, that today's generation know Orson Welles from slumming on Lucy or selling wine and not for Citizen Kane?

That said, the Tallulah episode was pretty good, with a great cameo by Richard Deacon from the Dick Van Dyke show.  For the record, I'm 34, but I have always enjoyed watching AMC (back when it was respectable) as well as TCM.

Vic
www.AliasConnection.com

Michael B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
15 years ago, i unwrapped 2 posters with my friend in the room.  he was then 25 years old,  and i don! 't think he ever saw a black and white movie, except when i forced him.

He asked, "What stupid posters did you overpay on this week????"

I responded by saying, you wont know the movie or the stars.  Well, he looked at the poster, and said, "I know who Charles Boyer is.   I was shocked!!!

He walked around my the room (I had about 50 posters back then), and told me who else he knew.  He looked at DOUBLE INDEMNITY--Fred MacMurray.  THE STRANGER--Orson Welles.  LIFEBOAT--Tallulah Bankhead.  And one other.

He didn't know Bogart, Stanwyck, Cary Grant, Irene Dunne.  He said he heard of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford.

what do the following stars have in common, which caused my friend to know these actors?:

    1.  Charles Boyer
    2.  Fred MacMurray
    3.  Orson Welles
    4.  Tallulah Bankhead
    5. XXXXXX (if i told you this star, it might be a clue)

post your guesses and comments.... i will answer in a few days.

michael
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com
In the BO! DY of
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com