not a painting, unless it's a rough for a full scale canvas. The bottom for a finished painting would be in the range of $2-5mil

but rough watercolor studies could be as low as $50k

Rich=================

At 06:52 PM 3/25/2006, Doug Taylor wrote:
Can you really get a lesser Van Gogh for 1-200k?

DBT

-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Saul H.
Chapman, Ph.D
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 10:35 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] wanted: KING KONG 3sh or 6sh

Just out of curiosity, if one could get that type of money for the poster
wouldn't it behoove someone to create a forgery for, say, 100K or 200K.
Couldn't that be done?  Geez, for that money you could even have a giant
King Kong sculpture created outside of your ranch house. Probably even by a
noted scupturer.  Where does the figure 450K come from anyway?  Hmm, would I

rather have a 3 sht KK poster or a lesser Van Gogh?

Saul