Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:17 PM
Subject: [MOPO] Thank You For The Sound Advice

Many thank's to dealers/collectors Freeman, Helmut, John Reid and Phil Edwards for giving me advice on my "Thunderball" 63" x 94" French two panel. My framer is determined to frame my poster for me in ONE piece and not divide it up into two 47" x 63" sections. It took major convincing to get my Dad aboard. The cost will be $1,600.00 plus tax. The moving of the double panel will only be for the cost of the gasoline. I was also against splitting this poster into two sections. Especially after Mr. Edelman did such a superb job of putting the two sections together.

Anyway, I do appreciate ALL the good advice NOT to separate this poster. This poster is a great tribute to the wonderful linenbacking work the late Mr. Igor Edelman did. Also to the wonderful artwork by the late Frank McCarthy. From what I understand Mr. Robert McGuiness is still living and doing western landscape artwork. I think that the "Thunderball" campaign was the best ever in the entire James Bond series. It was at the peak of the Bond craze after the success of "Goldfinger". YES, "Thunderball" was the Biggest Bond Of All. The 40th Anniversary Special Screening in London last November was a unique event. Lee Pfeiffer was able to get the finest 35mm three strip Technicolor scope print in existence flown to London from Los Angeles. Michael Wilson was so kind to do this favor for Lee at no charge for the special event hosted by Cinema Retro magazine. This will be the last time so many people associated with this classic film will get together again.

Thank's Again Everyone For The Encouragement!!!

--Tom Pennock

P.S. Sue Heim thank you also. You have been very supportive on this framing project. My dream has finally come true!!!