I almost always snipe. I used to proxy bid my max bid early until I gave sniping a try. I used to think it was a myth that it helped one win more often, but then I started doing it, and it sure seems like it.
Eric

----- Original Message ----- From: "channinglylethomson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:41 PM
Subject: [MOPO] A Question for Dealers and EBAY Buyers Alike -- Please Give Me Your Thoughts!

6/10/2006

I have recently posted two items on EBAY. They are for an original one-sheet for THE SHOOTIST (JOHN WAYNE) and an insert for the first release of GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRAL. Condition on these is not great -- they both have some problems but not enough to make them worthless or un-auctionable (is that a word)? Anyway, I've had these on EBAY since Tuesday with opening bid of $9.95 and no reserve. As of today there are still no bids. Does anyone bid the normal way on EBAY anymore or is it all sniping now? Here are links to the two items.

GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRAL
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7627213968
THE SHOOTIST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7627219960

Thanks, Channing Thomson in San Francisco