With hundreds of thousands of stills for sale,
purchased from multiple collections over the years ,
the thought of having to have them certified sounds
like an nightmare to me!!
Diana

--- Doug Ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I received copies of the Heritage auction today.
> What a GREAT job your doing Grey! I keep thinking
> the Heritage auctions can't get any better than the
> last, only to be proven wrong!
>
> I've noticed that all the stills/photos from the
> Culver Picture Service files are certified, although
> this might start a debate about certifying movie
> posters, I do like the idea doing this for stills.
> Lets face it, one, it would help authenticate them,
> would also protect them from damage and finger
> prints. last not lease of course, grading them to
> the condition that they truly are.
> Stills do not need to be stacked, shuffled, and
> flipped around like a pile of magazines or news
> papers.
> I believe still collecting is one of the most
> interesting, yet  highly ignored areas in our hobby!
>
> Of all the things I collect, my still collection is
> my most prized!
>
> Any thoughts from other collectors on this subject?
> Does this look to be the way of the future in our
> field?
>
> I still do not agree with capsulation of posters in
> general, although I do think there should be a
> better universal way of grading.
>
> Doug Ball
>
>          Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at
> www.filmfan.com

>        Send a message addressed to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>             In the BODY of your message type:
> SIGNOFF MOPO-L
>
>     The author of this message is solely responsible
> for its content.

LIFE IS GOOD!
"Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you, All is groovy." (59th Street Bridge
Song by Harpers Bizarre)