Since Rich is off to the San Diego Comic Con just now, I'll step in for him and
offer a very sincere "thank you" to eBay for realizing that the obvious answer
to sellers realizing fewer sales for less money on eBay is to jack up their
fees to those sellers -- even as they arbitrarily pull power-seller's auctions
for no reason other than they don't like their stated shipping fee. With a
business model like eBay's, one can only hope that most sellers will finally
decide to stop thinking about it and actually commit to listing at least some
of their poster inventory at http://www.MoviePosterbid.com -- which is now in
its 3rd year of operation.

MPB changes NO insertion fees. And no image gallery fees right now. And the
final valuation fee on sales is only 2%. You can feature your auction on the
Home Page... the Home Page, folks... for only $1 dollar (sometimes only 50
cents when there's a special on) And if you want to protect yourself, you can
set a reserve on your auction for $1, regardless of what your reserve price is.
You like to sell with "buy it now"? On MPBid it is called "I'll Take It!" but
it works the exact same way.

So basically, you can list your auctions for free and pay nothing unless you
sell something. Given what eBay is charging these days, sellers should be
rushing to MPBid to use the easy one-page, 30-second auction creation form and
staging a whole bunch of their auctions on MPbid.

We'll see...  It's true that more and more sellers *have* been putting stuff on
MPB lately, but there are many who still continue to make their only commitment
to the diminishing returns of eBay.

And, yes, the poster buyers need to get in the habit of checking MPBid *first*
before starting to slog through eBay.

Right now is a GREAT time for buyers to get in the habit of checking out
MPBid... the special event auction taking place over the next 11 days is
*loaded* with great stuff.

-- JR