From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 2:00 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] "HORRIBLE" ALL ABOUT EVE insert

Kirby and Channing,

Congrats on a smart buy -- although it will take a really skilled restorer to
fix those "brown spots", particularly in the blue-tinted photo (restorers hate
fixing monochrome photos, they don't leave any wiggle room) but it can be done.
I fail to understand what all the creebing was about on this item. The picture
was excellent, clearly showing what needed to be fixed, and the description very
accurately described the flaws in the poster and rated it an appropriate "Very
Good". None of these flaws alone or combined were anywhere near enough to term
this item a "nightmare" and I see no cause for any one to express consternation
over the listing. Yes, the price was a bit high given the condition, but
considering what it will be worth restored, not unreasonable. Some of you guys
really are starting to obsess over non-issues now -- what, is the summer heat
getting to people? On the other hand, you did bring this item to Kirby and
Channing's attention, so I guess you still perfor!
 med a public service even if it was the reverse of what you intended.

So, don't worry, Michael... you now know that someday soon you will be able to
buy that fine condition ALL ABOUT EVE insert you're looking for... from Kirby or
Channing!

What an ironic turn of events... I love it. :)

-- JR