To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] How bad is this bidder getting raped ??

Kirby,

I agree that one should not contact other people's bidders -- unless there is a clear case of fraud being commited against those bidders by the seller. Then I think that if we notice what's going down and just stand by and say nothing that we are as culpable as those who watch any other crime being commited but say or do nothing. In this case, the seller may know know the item is not original, but he is clearly stating that it is -- even going so far as to claim that the frame it is in is "the frame that it hung in the movie theaters" -- and then he quotes the size as being slightly smaller than 11x17 (!) So, I don't even this this is a Porta repro. I thought all Portals were full-size? I have no idea what this thing is, but from the small low-res photo it looks like some kind of poster-shop item printed up and sold over the counter a long time ago. So, who knows if the seller is just being ignorant or deliberately misleading in his description, but I think it is perfectly a! cceptable for people to contact both the buyer and the seller in a situation like this and let them know that no way is this an "original" theatrical movie poster.

-- JR

----- Original Message ----- From: Kirby McDaniel