How drĂ´le, JR.

I think the film (Snakes on a Plane) sounds ridiculous yet hilarious and will certainly give it a go.

Shelly

----Original Message Follows----
From: JR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Names on a Plane
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:08:28 -0400

Y'all,

I think we're being way too tough on those over-worked studio execs, asking them to come up with clever titles for their films. I mean, what's wrong with a simple, descriptive title? Isn't doing more than that just pseudo-artistic posing? Just an attempt at elitist pretension? Think of how much better, more honest and direct, it would have been to have had this kind of new age tilting on some of our so-called "classics" --

KING KONG could have been called BIG APE IN THE BIG CITY.

GONE WITH THE WIND could have been ROMANCE IN A BURNING CITY.

CITIZEN KANE could have been NEWSPAPER MAN MAKES IT BIG IN THE BIG CITY.

and what about:

CASABLANCA could have been called BAD GUYS IN AN AFRICAN TOWN.

and TITANIC could have been called PEOPLE ON A SHIP.

... I think Hollywood is really on to something here.

-- JR

The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb