Title: Re: [MOPO] What to do?
With lobby cards in particular, I often pick up multiple pieces from each seller. I've learned through similar bad experiences to ALWAYS ask about combined shipping before the auctions end, with any seller I haven't dealt with before, unless the question is very specifically addressed in their auctions.  Never assume anything, as there are too many jerks around who are convinced that gouging on shipping is perfectly legitimate.  And this includes those who feel that they're being fair when they say something like, "Shipping for the first card is $8, add ONLY $1 for each additional card."  Right.  So if I get 20 lobby cards, the shipping is $27.  Still a rip off.

Randy

From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Walter Reuben
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 1:40 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] What to do?

I bought 11 TV scripts from an ebay seller today, named bravo_george
He listed the shipping charge as $7 for script, but he is now refusing to combine shipping and insisting that I pay him $91 for shipping them in one parcel.
and what makes this more infuriating---he is about three miles from me but is refusing to let me pick them up in person,
Do ebay rules about screwing people on shipping charges apply in this case?  And, if they do, how do I ask that they be enforced?
No, I did not ask him in advance because I could not have conceived of something so idiotic.
Walter Reuben
Walter Reuben, Inc.
500 North Harper Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90048 USA