> Bruce H. gives you extremely fine pictures and tells it like it is

Now, I've always wondered why on Earth everyone praises dealers for doing this (in fact, it should probably be the opposite)???  They don't give you a hi-res photo so you can see defects more clearly.  In fact, it has nothing to do with the buyer at all.  The only reason they give you hi-res pics is so that they don't have to grade any posters anymore!  It's to save themselves a boat-load of time and money - so they can grade a poster in 2 seconds - not 2 minutes this way (it's pretty easy to grade a poster when you only have two possible grades).  And, if they don't give you an accurate grade - you can't complain when you get the poster (you had hi-res pics, right).  It's a way of automating the process, like eBay is continually doing, that keeps their customers at arms-length.  It's the internet version of a phone-tree where you press buttons for half an hour before being abruptly disconnected without ever speaking to anyone.   How that's in the buyer's best interest, I'll never know...

High resolution pics are only half of the whole picture - not the whole thing...

Hi-res pics cost no extra money (except for increased bandwidth, which is negligible now), take no extra time, no extra effort - and provide the buyer with a lot less information than they were used to (with a medium-res pic and an accurate description).

Now, how about praising sellers who have hi-res pictures AND detailed descriptions!?!

Cheers,

Bob

The grading is irrelevant because the seller has given you a very clear picture.  This is far more important than a poor, fair, good, etc. rating.  Bruce H. gives you extremely fine pictures and tells it like it is with either frameable "as is" or "lesser", which means restoration required.  The fact that the star's face needs restoration is of utmost importance as faces are the hardest for a restorer to bring back to as close to original as possible.

Seeing the poster in such a state makes your buying or not buying decision easy and I only wish all sellers would provide such a good picture because it would make bidding decisions easier.

I have very little use for a seller's grading unless the seller calls the poster very poor or mint.  There are certain aspects of a poster that are important to each one of us and to me the faces of the stars are number one.  If the faces are defaced then I don't want the poster no matter how fine the rest of the poster may be.

CJL
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com