Hey Guys,
I agree, Never heard a 40x60 called two sheet. It has always been known as a 40x60.
They are rare prior to 1950. I also know that they were rolled up and used as shipping tubes as well, splains why they are always so beat up and hard to come by.

I have a few hanging in my place, all from the 30's ... silk screens. I have stack in the closet as well, maybe that's why they are so rare :-P
Here are a few to enjoy.

http://members.shaw.ca/filmposters/ebaylist/iliveforlove.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/filmposters/ebaylist/herecomescookie.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/filmposters/ebaylist/soredtherose.jpg

Best,
Dario @ www.vintagemovieart ...
For your linen backing and conservation needs.

Maybe a 3 sheet should be a 2 sheet, that would make a 6 sheet a 4 sheet, that would make a 40x60 a 3 sheet and 30x40 a 1 sheet. A 1 sheet would be a 1/2 sheet, That would make a 1/2 sheet a window card. ^^^^^^^LOL))))))

I have long considered myself to be the world's leading authority on
two-sheets, and after reading what was posted here, I am 100% sure I am

right.

Forty By Sixties are NOT two-sheets. Forty By Sixties are sometimes
printed on thinner paper, sometimes they were folded before being
sent to the theaters, and in very rare cases they measured SLIGHTLY
less than 40" x 60".

Forty By Sixties were offered in pressbooks starting in the early
1930s, yet next to none survive from before 1950. Why? At that time
they were almost always $2.50 or so at a time when one-sheets were 10
cents or 15 cents, and three-sheets were around 30 cents, so I bet
only the largest theaters splurged on them.

What are "two-sheets"? These were solely made by tiny studios, and
all the ones I have seen date from the 1940s and 1950s, and are from
either sexploitation, exploitation, or the lowest budget B-westerns.
They were printed on two one-sheet pieces, each measuring 27 x 41,
and, exactly like a three-sheet, the two pieces overlap. Some I have
seen are stamped two-sheet on the back.

I have NEVER seen a 40 x 60 in two pieces, and I have never seen a
two-sheet that was in one piece, so that can be an easy way to
determine which kind of poster it is.

But please NEVER call a 40 x 60 a two-sheet (although I have heard
longtime theater owners refer to them that way, and also some newer
theater owners refer to subway posters as two-sheets). I am in favor
of calling a poster by its true name, EXCEPT in the case of
"half-sheets" which were never ever called that by the studios (it
was always "displays" or "22x28", but THAT name is so ingrained that
I don't think we could get people to stop using it no matter what).

Bruce