PJ and Walter,

Walter, no... Scott said some of the decline in membership were due to some members accounts not receiving email for one reason or another, not "most." The drop from 500 to 400 did not happen overnight... I've been watching the total of members go down slowly, a few every week, over the course of the past year. Besides, for whatever reason they are not receiving messages, they are not receiving them -- which is the same as if they weren't on the list for all practical purpose. Someone please tell me exactly what they think is wrong or "onerous" with the idea of sellers slipping a "join MOPO" flyer into something they are going to have to go to the trouble of packaging and shipping anyway -- exactly how does this hurt, inconvenience or cause them any trouble?  And can someone come up with a better way to recruit new members to this list? And wouldn't the sellers be the one who benefit most from such a program? Please answer these question instead of something totally bogus like you did when you said:

>I do not think that I like the tone of these threads.
> If a seller does not include mailers about Mopo in his shipments, then he
> should be thrown off Mopo?
> I don't think so.
Did I say they should be "thrown off MOPO" if they didn't? No. Did anyone else? No. You are the only one who said any such thing in a transparent dodge to shift the focus of this discussion elsewhere. For shame. Seems I was right that most of the sellers on this list are perfectly willing to send through their ads every week, but ask them to do something even this simple and easy in return and for most of them it's "Oh, no we can't do that". But I'm not surprised -- this is exactly what I said the seller attitude would be when the idea was first suggested. Thanks for proving me right.

PJ... what I said was I would be willing to contribute $5 a month for a year to a Bruce Hershenson "MOPO flyer printing fund" -- I was willing to do that because Bruce does such a large volume every week that he is the only one who might have a legitimate gripe about the "expense" of printing up enough flyers to send out with every package. Yes, it was a bit of a bait, but I was serious enough and will do it if he wants to set up such a fund.

-- JR

It was already established in an email from Scott that most of the so-called declines in membership were due to many Mopo members not receiving emails due to spam blockers.

>I do not think that I like the tone of these threads.
> If a seller does not include mailers about Mopo in his shipments, then he
> should be thrown off Mopo?
> I don't think so.
>
> WR

WR