Rich;
thanks for this memo. I, too, have had good experiences with Frank and have found his work to be more than acceptable. i think your idea of pursuing insurance with CIA is a good one. It sure would make me feel better as a risk-reduction tactic.
 Richard

From: Richard Halegua Comic Art <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] VINTAGE CINEMART,  and MoviePosterBid
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:23:52 -0700

Brek & everyone else..

In response to Dave Lieberman's inquiry yesterday I've been trying to reach Frank Santos. He did email me back on 8/30 when I queried him to Dave L's initial call to me about the posters he sent off to Frank.

Frank wrote me that he had a "cardiac catheterization and two stents implanted in my heart" and that he would contact everyone who was still waiting for work to be done. I do know Frank's heart troubles to be true by the way via a mutual friend.

So right now I am waiting for Frank to email me back from yesterday's letter.

I will say absolutely that of course, Frank's lack of communication certainly leaves something to be desired & that is an issue he will have to resolve with me before he will be allowed to sell any more services on MPB. Something that I want you all to note - unlike eBay, MPB does not have any mechanism to show if he is suspended - a feature we plan on adding to a future software upgrade to the site - but he is suspended and will not be able to list any more auctions until all the issues mentioned in Brek & Dave's emails, however there is something specific I wish to point out....

MoviePosterBid is an "open source" auction site . Anyone can sell on MPB - not just myself, and while I can certainly control the results of my auctions (and I have been late also, but always in contact), I have as much control over what happens with any seller on MoviePosterBid as eBay has over their sellers and it is unfair to blame MoviePosterBid for anything that happens with sellers other than my own sales as a seller unless we have been negligent in managing the site - which certainly cannot be said here . If someone chooses to use eBay, Yahoo, Amazon, Craig's List, MPB or any other open source auction site as a way to steal from buyers, administration only has so many options open to use as recourse against these sellers. That does not mean we will not be trying to get this issue resolved, however - if Frank decides to move to Bermuda ..... then both MPB & eBay (where he has obviously had further issues) can ultimately only suspend that member.as any kind of penalty.

We will be trying to get this issue resolved - QUICKLY, but as JR pointed out - if Frank won't contact me either, ..well, he's in New Jersey and I'm in Las Vegas. I can't just drive over to his place. But I will be in NYC in November, so if the issues have not been resolved - possibly I may see him at Morrie Everett's show

One more thing. Of course Todd is ultimately correct that a linenbacker should have known reputation. I have known of Frank Santos as a linenbacker from seeing a seller who would bring Frank's stuff to Cinevent, and also because I have gotten product from him. His work was good enough for me, I was going to send him 200 posters for an all linenbacked auction, and as long as he fulfills his business with Dave & Brek (I don't know anyone else with issues) I'm sure he will be doing my work for that auction.

One thing this episode may have instituted.. I am going to chat with my representative at Collectibles Insurance Agency and see if they can offer MoviePosterBid a policy that would insure buyers against seller fraud. Of course MPB would have to charge buyers a small fee for each transaction that they would want protection for at the time of sale. But I do think it is something that can be handled and I'm sure it can written to handle the value of the merchandise that is sent to a linenbacker for instance aside from the cost of the linenbacking which is all eBay would cover if you paid for their insurance coverage

In any case, I will be trying to contact Frank or waiting for him to contact me so this can be resolved

thanks