From: JR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Changed tastes
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 01:07:28 -0400

Susan,

I went through almost the exact thing you describe, eventually become very wide-ranging in the posters I bought. Now over the past 6 months an odd thing has happened. Lately I find myself focusing on the type of posters that I first started collecting... mostly science fiction films with a few monster and horror titles. I'm not sure why this is. It may be something as prosaic as I've now amassed a large (for me) collection of all kinds of different types of posters and now want to go back and fill some of the holes in my sci-fi and monster section. But it seems deeper than that. Suddenly that area of posters somehow seems more "fun" to me again than most other styles. Weird, because I've not watched those old sci-fi and monster movies much in the past couple of decades... focusing mostly on netflixing newer stuff I wasn't willing to pop first-run prices for at the theaters.

Not that I don't appreciate a really great poster from another genre when come across one... it's just that recently I haven't felt motivated to buy any of them.

-- J R