One of my best finds was a silent one sheet for EVANGELINE (1919), an early film of Raoul Walsh, based on the Longfellow poem. This was in an obscure auction up north somewhere about seven or eight years ago. It wasn't that it was such an immediately appreciable bargain, but it was fantastically beautiful, and will sell for a good profit someday. And really deserves the moniker RARE, the most overworked word in movieposterdom.

Kirby

On Sep 19, 2006, at 7:11 PM, Richard Del Belso wrote:

WOW..THAT WAS A GREAT BUY...AND A GREAT PLUG FOR DARIO. NOW I'M READY TO GIVE HIM A TRY!
 RICHARD
PS: i got a great buy on the Spanish one-sheet for WRITTEN ON THE WIND. it seems that Spanish posters don't command the big bucks even when they're perfect, but this poster is as nice as the US version...and I do love the movie. Oh, and the poster, though vintage, was almost perfect.

From: pj angel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Best Poster Find!!
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:49:05 -0700

Best poster find?

Easy. WRITTEN ON THE WIND, Universal-International, one sheet for $10.

  When? Would you believe last month?

  http://www.bigtownfilmposters.us/id821.htm

  Okay, not in the best shape, I know, but come on! 10 bucks?

Dario does his magic and turns this ugly duckling into a beautiful swan.

  pj

Susan Heim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Original Spellbound one sheet for $6.00. Now, of course, it was 1974, but I also bought Funny Lady with Barbra Streisand at the same time for $6.00 (still worth $6.00). The killer is, the guy had three copies of Spellbound in the folder, but I was a poor college student and only bought one copy.

  Sue