From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Best Universal Horror Classic poster?

Hi Andrea and Philip!

Yes, I wish I still had The Mummy one sheet as well,
but, you can't go back and on the bright side, I was
able to put a downpayment on a house and add some more
great items to my collection.

As for other great finds, if you guys would really
like to hear some, I have lots of them. Some of them
are pretty entertaining- but long.  I really condensed
the one about the Mummy as there was a lot more to it.

When I get a chance next week, maybe I'll type out a
few. Some of them I actually acquired and a few got
away, but they're all great stories!

Ron Moore

www.hollywoodposterframes.com<http://www.hollywoodposterframes.com/>

MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU<mailto:MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>

> >   Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:25 PM
> >   Subject: [MOPO] Are The Inmates In Charge Of The
> > Nuthouse?
> >

> >   Hi,
> >
> >     I've been collecting and dealing in movie
> > posters for close to 30 years. Sometimes it amazes
> > not only how much angry diatribe has taken over
> > MoPo, but it seems as if certain members ,who act
> as
> > if they have all the right answers, are so often
> > wrong.  ie:  a 40x60 has ALWAYS been a
> 40x60---never
> > in my years of collecting have I head it referred
> > as a "2 Sheet".  There have been other examples as
> > well.  Hey, I know some of you definitely aren't
> so
> > keen to any insight I might have, but, jeez, don't
> > certain "high level" individuals on this list
> > (however they might be viewed as such)  have
> > something better to do than spend hours bitching
> and
> > complaining about this person and that person.
> > Lines upon lines of print that virtually signifies
> > nothing....anger...resentment...petty crap.  As a
> > writer myself, if I expended as much energy as the
> > supposed "chosen few" on this list, I'd have a
> novel
> > written by now!
> >   Enough said.  Below I thought I'd list a couple
> of
> > my BEST POSTER FINDS.  (By the way, can somebody
> > please tell me who the hell is J.R.?)
> >         Years ago, I bought an original Jazz
> Singer
> > US lobby card for $40---a few years later, an
> > original Mummy (Karloff) US lobby card for $75.
> > Also, an original Scarface (Muni,1932) US 1/2
> Sheet
> > for about $150.  There are more to mention, but
> I'll
> > stop here.
> >            Thanks for listening.  Okay, you
> vicious