Cherokee Books!! Man, I haven't heard that name in years!! I bought Comics through the mail from them way back then, actually made it down there once and popped in. Boy, those were great times, and great memories!! Thanks for the Jolt Greg!!

Thanks,  Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "jbirddouglass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:33 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Best Poster Find!!

I made a run on a couple of book stores in Hollywood when I was on vacation with my parents back in 1966. I went to see Malcolm Willits at Willits Books, and I stopped by the Cherokee Bookstore. Both stores let me go crazy looking through all their stuff. I had exactly $25 to spend, and walked away with a one sheet from THE DEVIL COMMANDS, three mint lobbies from ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN, a rolled half sheet from SCREAMING SKULL, and several assorted AIP lobbies & pressbooks. It was a very happy day in my warped little adolescence. (Wish I had all that stuff now.....it'd be a very happy day in my warped middle age...)
Greg Douglass
Smith, Grey - 367 wrote:

Small comic store in Houston, 1985. Forbidden Planet one sheet $300, Invaders from Mars one sheet $50, Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman $50. Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars Chapter 14, one of the best chapter sheets for $400. All in great condition. I passed on the $500 Day the Earth Stood Still!