AUTOGRAPHS ON POSTERS

Gentlemen:

This is a very interesting topic. Here is an absolutely true story dealing
with this subject. Movie posters as a collectible is a sideline business for
me. What I am most noted for is finding and providing nearly anything on
video.

Early this year I received a phone call about finding a video title from a
gentlemen who once several years ago bought a SINGLE vhs tape from me
through an associate, probably a secretary (less than a $20 sale). Speaking
in a non-direct manner as if he was trying not to reveal something, he
explained that he was a Hollywood producer who had founded a company that
wanted to distribute interesting action and horror films of the sixties and
forward whose "copy right" had fallen away from the major studios and
returned to the original film makers or their heirs.  The abrupt arrival of
DVD has created a second wave of rebirth to the Home Video industry with the
power and financial rewards returning back to the studios or distributors
and away from retailers and home video rental dealers.

His call to me was about finding and buying up all available inventory
anywhere I could find it, of vhs inventory of three films that he recently
acquired the ownership of. This was to rid the market of potential future
competition to his future DVD release. Also, to do away with any inferior
edited prints, as he had found the original film negatives and original
directors and planned a dvd release of the "vision" the director(s) had
intended and not some slapdash version the studio had rushed to assemble for
a quick sale. Since the three titles had gone out of print on video many
years ago the number of units were calculated to be a finite though not
insignificant number, so of course I was most interested in fulfilling his
request, in the hope of building on our new relationship and to do more
business with him in the future.

After about nearly an hour of conversation, he must have became more
comfortable with me and revealed that he was the son of one of the biggest
stars in Hollywood.  A MEGA star. Now, I cannot reveal any names, but I can
say that aside from helping this gentleman with his business need, I also
helped with a "personal" one too, as he was beside himself with what to give
his parent as a birthday gift.  I just so happened to have at the time a
poster on linen of one of his parent's earliest films, and it was signed by
both one of his parent's acting colleagues from the film and its director,
who had passed away a couple of years ago.  I gave the poster with
autographs to my new friend as a present to give to his parent.  He was
overwhelmed with gratitude, couldn't believe I would give away something of
so much obvious value. My new friend calls me often now, usually spending
well over an hour or more on the phone, getting my opinion of what film
titles my other customers are asking me about that are not currently on dvd.
This past month he called me back with another request to find all video of
another new film acquisition. So far this year, my total sales to my new
friend have totaled over $25,000.

Dennis G. Michaels "Video Den"
Video Den Collection @ www.RareVideo.com / www.RarePoster.com /
www.RareDVD.com PO Box 36 Vestal, New York 13851-0036