Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:01 PM
Subject: [MOPO] Talking about Autographs

So here is a true story about how I got Jimmy Stewart's Autograph.

Years ago before I married my wife, when we were engaged and I was in film school and very poor.   I had read that if you sent a letter to Jimmy Stewart in Beverly Hills, CA 90210,  he would get the letter and send you autographed photo.    Just something that happened since the early days of Hollywood.

So,  I wrote him a letter explaining that after me,  he was the only other man in my fiancĂ©'s life and would he please send me autographed photo for me to give her as a birthday present.     Well, months go by,  I forget about it and then one day,  in the mail came my signed photo.

Happy Birthday Juliana

Jimmy Stewart.

Now is it Jimmy or his secretary that signed it?   Who knows.    But as far as both me and my wife are concerned,  it is from Mr.. Stewart and it was a very special birthday present.

Ira

PS   Sue Heim framed it,   she felt it was real.