In a message dated 1/30/2007 5:04:32 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I noticed that a few of the lobby cards from the  fantastic Hitchcock
collection that Bruce currently has on auction  have a notation on the back of
the
card that says something like "From the  collection of..." and presumably the
name of the collector.

I had a lobby card for the Roaring Twenties some time ago that had about  10
"From the Collection of...." stamps on the back with the names of different
collectors.

Do you think these stamps detract from or enhance the  value/collectibility
of lobby cards?

I've always enjoyed getting cards that were previously part of the
collections of Ron Borst, (legendary horror/sci-fi collector, and author of
Graven
Images), and Mike Hawks (unparalleled lobby card collector, and author of
Lobby
Cards: The Classic Films, and Lobby Cards: Classic Comedies.  Both  men are
friends of mine, and both have been collecting slightly more than my 39  years.

Do their stamps add to the value of cards?  Probably not, but  it doesn't
hurt them either.

Marty  Davis
Vintage Film Posters
43215 N. National Trail