This sort of thing has happened many, many times. I sell an item for a high
price and then dealers contact the underbidders and try to sell them the same
item (because they naturally would like to also receive that high price). I
doubt any dealers ever offer items to underbidders that went for bargain prices!

Now that eBay is hiding the bid histories, it is next-to-impossible for dealers
to do this, so now they put the same item up for sale at around the same price
I sold it for, just like Ken did with Holiday Affair. I hope he gets his price!

As noted, Heritage sold this same poster for $500, and perhaps that is where
Ken got is. A couple of weeks ago, Roland noted that he consigned a poster to
Heritage and it sold for $500 and I sold it for $1,200+. If anyone wants to do
an exhaustive "apples to apples and oranges to oranges" study of my results and
those of Heritage, I am 100% sure that it would conclusively prove that I
receive higher prices overall ON LIKE POSTERS (and of course such a study could
not know which items they sold were ones where the buyer never paid, or where
the price was renegotiated, or where the consignor purchased their own poster,
as it is legal for consignors to bid on their own items in Texas, and for
reserves to be over the high estimate).

Of course, I also have many items where I sell them for far UNDER what Heritage
does. That is the best part of true no reserve auctions (from the buyer
standpoint) and a big reason why so many collectors like bidding in my auctions.

Heritage DOES get many incredible consignments and gets some really incredibly
high prices on never before seen posters, but they are a long way from matching
my results when it comes to like items.

Bruce