For starters, don't buy from any ebay seller with poor feedback.

My definition of poor feedback is a total feedback score >100 with positive
feedback <98.5%.

This will weed out many of the least reliable/trustworthy/capable individuals.

> As of now, my bottom line feeling is this---I HAVE HAD IT WITH BUYING FROM
> INCOMPETENT EBAY SELLERS.  From now on, I will only buy from dealers whom I
> already know or else only if a money back guarantee is made.
> I am sick and tired of this stuff happening.  The worst part of this is---how
> many hours do I have in a day to waste in getting my money back when I have
> been
> cheated?
>

> Walter Reuben

--- Begin Message ---
hello everybody
I bought this on ebay for $434.99:

After it arrived,it turned out that the poster was in much worse condition than either the picture or the description indicated.  And, to add insult to injury, this poster had been simply been shipped in a soft envelope without any protection whatsoever.
The poster in fact falling apart and in unbelievably fragile condition.

We wrote to him and told him that we were very unhappy with the poster to which he replied:
Hi There,

I clearly described this poster as unrestored with holes and a detatched prtion. If you're telling me that it was damaged in shipping, I would like you to send photos of the damage. It was packed well and I will start a claim as soon as you send photos of the damage.
Darren.

We wrote to him a second time and emphasized that we were extremely unhappy with the poster and he wrote back:
Hi There,

   Actually you initially did indicate it was damaged during shipping.  What
exactly are you suggesting I misrepresented about this poster?  I used
several pictures during the auction and feel it was described accurately.
I am not a business, and it costs me time and money with shipping charges
etc....so I don't gernally accept returns, for no reason.
Darren.

It seemed to me futile (and I was on vacation at the time) so I asked my assistants to send the damn poster to Studio C, have it restored, and put this business behind me.
Today Studio C writes and says that the cost will be between $1800 and 2200, that is how bad the condtion of this poster is.

I feel that I have been flat out cheated and would really appreciate any comments from other Moop members as to how to proceed.
Can I go to PayPal and ask for a refund?