Rick,

 I totally understand what you are saying. One POSSIBLE explanation is with the
birth of the internet, you are actually seeing more dealer's and collectors
posters. Think back 20 years ago and other than Movie Collector's World, there
wasn't alot of ways to see what others had for sale and what they had in their
portfolio.
 Also with the advent of Ebay, many people that had poster collections may have
been storing them for a long time and then when there was finally an easy
outlet to sell their material, then and only then did they decide to start
selling their material.
 In other words, what may have seemed like a small world of collectors, maybe
wasn't that small after all?? And now with the internet and Ebay, we have the
ability to see and come across much more material than we did 20 years ago.

I guess what I am trying to say is just beacuse we didn't see it, doesn't mean
it wasn't out there.

Again, just a POSSIBILITY as a part explanation. I'm sure there are plenty of
crooks out there as well!

Sincerely,

Dave Smith
Reel Deals