  From: Brek Anderson
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 11:00 PM
  Subject: [MOPO] Made in Belgium

  A few months ago at a show I bought a Casablanca Belgium (no map on back)
poster along with another poster. These were from an elderly gentleman (from
Belgium) who said he brought if from Belgium in the early 60's. It is not an
even size and has wonderful graphics that look authentic (old, but minty). When
I ask some mopo experts about it they said there were no original posters with
the printed in Belgium at the bottom in English. So I assumed it was not real.
Then last week the guy called me and said he was bringing in some posters from
an out of state friend. He brought these to another show I was doing last
weekend. He did have some Marx brothers and some Easy Rider stills along with
another Belgium Poster that the made in Belgium was not in English. I know
everything is authentic of the items he brought this time.. I told him about
the feedback I had received about the English made in Belgium. He said that
there are four languages in Belgium and some printers do put the made in in
English quite often. He said he got the posters he sold me, including the
Casablanca, from a theater he worked at as a kid in Belgium. He reiterated that
they were real and said that the experts I talked with were wrong.

  So here is an alternative to Minty Whites discussion. Are you old fossil
experts absolutely sure that all Belgium poster with made in Belgium in English
are not real? What evidence other than your statements do you have that this is
so?

  Cheers,

  Brek