Hmmmmm......maybe desperation ??

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Flood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date:         Fri, 3 Aug 2007 19:06:05
To:MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] FA: Some of these prices on stills are downright silly!

Some of these e-mails are just downright silly too!

Bruce Hershenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: With just HOURS to go, there are
still around 30 stills at 99 cents each, and around 100 under $4 each! And lots
of the best ones are still WAY undervalued! Consider:

1) A great keybook still of all three Marx Brothers from Go West (photographed
by Clarence Sinclair Bull) is still just $20!
2) A great RADIO still of Amelia Earhart (the famous aviatrix who disappeared
without a trace) is still just $36!
3) A great CANDID of Mickey Rooney dressed as Carmen Miranda (with the real
Carmen) is still just $15.50!

I could go on and on listing great stills at bargain prices, but why not just
check them out for yourself?

What is in our Thursday night auctions that close TODAY THURSDAY August 2nd on
eBay?
220 GREAT vintage 8" x 10" stills (including 24 candids featuring great
behind-the-scenes images!) The auction solely contains LOTS of wonderful
vintage 8" x 10" stills (covering just about all genres and decades)! Note that
these stills come to us from several very longtime collectors! They purchased
them from poster exchanges and from collectible stores many years ago, and they
were the sort of people who sifted through hundreds of vintage stills to find
"the right one", which explains why these collections contains so many
wonderful vintage stills, and why so many of them are in really nice condition
(don't be fooled by our ultra-harsh grading as most of these stills are in
quite nice condition, especially given their age).
We have run six consecutive auctions of stills prior to this one (a lot of
those stills came from a single consignor, and now we are adding in stills from
two other excellent collections we have been consigned). This seventh auction
contains 220 vintage 8" x 10" stills (including 24 excellent candid stills).
What are candid stills? THEY ARE STILLS THAT DEPICT IMAGES THAT ARE NOT FROM
THE MOVIE, but rather "behind-the-scenes" images taken by studio photographers,
which are images that often can't be found anywhere else (except some dealers
sell reproductions of some of these images, sometimes knowingly or unknowingly
selling them as vintage originals).
WE GUARANTEE THAT EVERY STILL IN THIS AUCTION IS ORIGINAL (just like the ones
we sold in the last six weeks' auctions)! Why? Because these stills are from
several remarkable collections, which were purchased by VERY knowledgeable
collectors, who could tell original stills from repros, reissues, or restrikes
and it only contains original stills, and YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE OUR WORD FOR
IT! We know you will agree these are surely original stills, but if you have
the slightest doubt, you can return ANY still within one week for a no
questions asked refund! I have sold many tens of thousands of stills, and I
KNOW these to be genuine, and I also know this to be a remarkable collection of
hand-picked stills!
What are some of the best stills in this current Thursday auction? The
Searchers (great color close-up of John Wayne!), Go West (keybook still of all
three brothers!), Orson Welles (deluxe still showing him dining at the Stork
Club with Edward G. Robinson in 1946), Amelia Earhart (ultra-rare radio still
from when she appeared on a radio show for a week!), Citizen Kane (candid of
Orson Welles learning how to edit film!), Erich Von Stroheim (candid of him
with a portrait of him painted by Hersholt after Greed), Lana Turner (1940
candid of her preparing to go before the camera), Marilyn Monroe (candid with
Arthur Miller and Jack Warner at the premier of Prince and the Showgirl), and
many, MANY more!
I could go on listing dozens more titles, but you really need to check these
out for yourself! NOTE THAT THERE ARE LOTS OF GREAT STILLS FROM SILENT MOVIES
ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO THE PRESENT DAY, SO THERE REALLY IS "SOMETHING FOR
EVERYONE" HERE! Be sure to look at these 220 GREAT vintage 8" x 10" stills
ending THURSDAY August 2nd beginning around 7 PM CST in our Thursday Auction
Image Gallery)!

MANY EBAY SELLERS ASK $9.99 OR MORE EACH FOR REPRODUCTIONS OF STILLS THE SAME
OR SIMILAR TO THESE, AND MOST EBAY SELLERS START SIMILAR ORIGINAL VINTAGE
STILLS AT $14.99 EACH but you can buy a lot of stills from us this week for as
low as 99 cents PER STILL (which means you could pay less than a dollar per
still, if you are the only bidder on that still, but of course, there may well
be other bidders; BUT IN OUR AUCTIONS, THE FINAL PRICES ARE SET BY TWO REAL
BIDDERS, NOT BY YOU BIDDING AGAINST AN ARTIFICIAL RESERVE OR "STARTING PRICE",
which may well be "too high"). And these are vintage stills, which have
collectible value, as opposed to reproduction stills, which have NO collectible
value. But realize that these are actual vintage stills used in theaters (or
intended for theaters, but not used) and therefore many have defects caused by
use and we could have missed some. If you are very condition conscious (or
would be bothered by an item having an undescribed minor defect),!
then you probably shouldn't bid on the stills we are selling this week which
are not in at least "very good" condition. NOTE THAT WE GRADED THESE STILLS
EXTREMELY HARSHLY, downgrading them to a lesser condition for slight defects,
so that every purchaser should be happy when they open their package! See our
condition grading chart below for further information.

On Tuesday July 31st, we added 735 U.S. half-sheets to eBay, in what is
certainly the finest offering of half-sheets on eBay at one time by a single
seller! If you have the slightest interest in half-sheets, you won't want to
miss this one, as there are lots of interesting titles, including some from the
1910s all the way to the 1980s, covering just about every genre!

REMEMBER THAT, IN BOTH OF OUR WEEKLY AUCTIONS (unlike some other sellers of
vintage movie paper), EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR ITEMS TRULY START AT 99 CENTS
WITH NO RESERVE ON ANY ITEM! AND WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT 99 CENTS, PLUS $9
BUYERS PREMIUM, PLUS AN OFTEN "MIS-CALCULATED" SHIPPING THAT MEANS THOSE "99
CENT ITEMS" MAY END UP COSTING YOU $17 EACH! In OUR auctions, you can purchase
up to FIFTEEN 99 cent stills and your total cost is $14.85, plus a very
reasonable $5 U.S. shipping charge for a total U.S. cost for those 15 items of
just over $20 for ALL fifteen stills (for the one-sheets, we charge a variable
$7 to $10 U.S. shipping, depending on the cost of your order, but that still
means you pay a total of only $21.85 in the U.S., if you get 15 one-sheet
posters for 99 cents each).

Remember that YOU can't get the great deals that happen week after week in our
auctions if you aren't bidding! AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE! If you place a
bunch of fairly low bids but only get one or two items, then you are sure to be
happy, for you will have gotten some really good deals. Even if you place a
bunch of bids and get nothing at all, you will only be out a little of your
time, and no more.

Do you know about our Tuesday and Thursday Auction Galleries? One of the worst
kept "secrets" in the movie poster hobby is that it is FAR easier to look at
our items through our Tuesday Auction Gallery
(http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/currentauctions.php) and our Thursday
Auction Gallery (http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/thursdayauctions.php).
When you look at our items on eBay, you do not see an image of the item until
you open the auction, which is very time consuming (we don't use their
"gallery" image, both because it is absurdly overpriced and because the gallery
image is too tiny to see any details). So instead, we have our own Tuesday
Auction Gallery and our Thursday Auction Gallery, both of which have much
larger images of each ite!
m, so that you can determine if an item interests you BEFORE you click on it,
thus making your surfing time far more productive. PLUS these galleries are
searchable by star, director, genre, year, or anything you want to search for!
Once you discover our galleries we would be amazed if you go back to looking at
our items directly on eBay.
The prices in our galleries update every 5 minutes, so the price under each
item can only be up to 5 minutes old. Generally, this is no big deal, EXCEPT if
you are looking at items as they are closing, then we recommend you bid on the
actual eBay page (which is easily accessed from our gallery pages).
But because so many of our bidders now use our gallery, on rare occasions it
has overwhelmed our server, and some of our bidders have not been able to
access it, especially right when the auctions are closing. Worse yet, an outage
in our server means that you can't see the images on our eBay auctions, because
our large and super-sized images are housed on the same server as our Tuesday
Auction Gallery. SO WE HAVE ALSO CREATED BACKUP "MIRROR" VERSIONS OF OUR
CURRENT AUCTION IMAGE GALLERIES. They are located at
http://www.emovieposter.info and are available if our main gallery is down, so
the only time you want to use it is whenever you CAN'T access our regular
Tuesday Auction Gallery and our Thursday Auction Gallery, OR when you can't
view !
some or all of the images on our auctions (even if you can't see them on eBay,
you will be able to see them in our backup galleries). You will likely either
never need it, or only use it once, but if you are a regular bidder in our
auctions, it will be invaluable to you the day you DO need it, for you will be
able to see all of our large images, and use this "mirror" version of our
Current Auction Image Gallery, even though the main version is unavailable.
PLEASE ADD http://www.emovieposter.info TO YOUR FAVORITES/BOOKMARKS.

We have lots of great auctions coming up!
On Thursday August 2nd, we will list 191 Japanese posters. If you are one of
the few collectors who have not yet discovered the wonderful posters of this
great country, you will want to be sure to check these out. But don't say I
didn't warn you if you find yourself addicted to their striking graphics, often
completely different from those of any other country!
On Tuesday August 7th, we will add around 700 insert posters to eBay, again
with lots of interesting titles!

NOTE THAT IN THE PAST, WE HAVE OFFERED ALL THREE OF THE ABOVE SIZES OF POSTERS
IN A SINGLE WEEK, since all three sizes measure smaller than a one-sheet, and
most often are sent rolled in tubes. But since we had so many excellent ones,
we decided to split them into three auctions over 8 days. But know that you can
buy from any two (or all three) of the auctions and have your purchases
combined into a single tube!

Good luck on whatever you may bid on!

Note that if you want to be sure to keep up with everything we are currently
auctioning, you should consider joining our great weekly e-mail club (over
1,860 members!). This club will keep you informed about everything we are
selling through just ONE e-mail a week, and many weeks we make great bonus
offers to club members who buy multiple items from us on eBay! So if there is
ANY chance at all that you might end up buying a number of items from us on
eBay in future weeks, then you have a LOT of incentive to join the club (if you
are not already a member) because we will keep on giving away excellent prizes
to those members of the club who buy multiple items. Note that we have recently
revamped and greatly improved this club! It no longer is a very long e-mail (it
is now just a very brief e-mail, with a link to the message on our site), and
we now run fun weekly polls, which a couple of hundred participate in each
week, with great prizes for randomly selected members!
Why not join the club today (if you are not already a member)? You'll at most
receive ONE e-mail a week, and your e-mail address is NEVER given out to
anyone, and you have a great chance to win great prizes, and you can quit
anytime! Just go to http://www.emovieposter.com/mail/clubsignup.php and fill
out the super simple form, and you will be a member, and qualify for the great
club bonuses!

Bruce Hershenson
eMoviePoster.com
P.O. Box 874
West Plains, MO 65775
http://www.emovieposter.com
eBay user IDs: emovieposter.com AND movieposter

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48256/*http://travel.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFhN2hucjlpBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BHBvcwM1BHNlYwNncm91cHMEc2xrA2VtYWlsLW5jbQ-->
PROTECTED] In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L The author of this
message is solely responsible for its content.