these kinds of emails having been going around in one form or another for years... we all havae gotten them.just dont click on any links provided in these emails...simply DELETE them.

jeff

On Aug 8, 2007, at 4:43 PM, Andy Neal wrote:

I get them all the time David - If you hover over the button or link they want you to click, you can see the url it takes you to in the bottom left hand side of your browser, if it doesn't say papal.com or ebay.com then don't click it - these people are scum of the earth and should be shot several times over. most of them are from nigeria (That's not me saying that all nigerians should be shot by the way - just the phishers)

The latest craze in the UK is people ringing you up saying you have won a cash prize and asking you to confirm your bank details and sercurity code so they can pay you. It's outrageous and older folks fall for it.

Andy

Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:57:37 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [MOPO] BEWARE! new phishing scheme....the cleverest one I've seen
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

I get at least a dozen phishing emails a day, mostly related to paypal and ebay. All of them are always pretty obvious.

this one came in 2 stages.

first, a personalized email, something like......."dear cinemasterpieces......how come you left me negative feedback....etc. etc."

no link in the email.

it comes from a gmail address that seems legit.

so I respond to the email, something like "I'm sorry, I don't know who you are, but if we left you negative feedback it is most likely because you never paid for the item etc. etc"

then I get a response email from them, again it is personalized to cinemasterpieces, this time it says something like "I received a message from ebay that you left me negative feedback, you can see it here:

and THEN they post the bogus phishing link with the fake ebay sign in page.

no, I didn't almost fall for it, as it is pretty obvious when you hover over the link and see that it goes to india or some domain that is definitely not ebay.

but the fact that it was personalized and came in two stages shows that these scammers are always trying new tricks

David Lieberman
CineMasterpieces.com
602 309 0500

CineMasterpieces.com
Please vote YES for each one of our eBay GUIDES.
Check out our eBay AUCTIONS.

Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com_______________________________________________________ ____________How to UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing ListSend a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-LThe author of this message is solely responsible for its content. Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com_______________________________________________________ ____________How to UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing ListSend a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-LThe author of this message is solely responsible for its content.