I decided not to post new auctions on Ebay in July and August, since
Ebay has traditionally been dismal for me during those two months. I had
planned to post some quantity on their special reduced fee listing days
during that period, but they haven't had any. (They are getting
extremely tight.) Given the new fee structure Ebay instituted a while
ago to weed out the stores that were not moving merchandise fast enough,
I do not found that having a store on Ebay is a worthwhile endeavor. I
do much better on my own website and I don't have to pay commissions and
listing fees. Marketing is key here and I have to do my own marketing to
get people into my website. When Ebay first started, listing items for
auction was an exciting proposition. Inevitably, items would take off at
the last minutes of an auction and really pick up momentum. I find that
rarely happens now adays to me and often I wind up with only one or two
bids. Hence I try to post at a reasonable but not too low starting
price.  Ebay will probably always be a major source of my sales revenue
but I think it's necessary to pursue other venues these days because the
excessive Ebay fees and commissions cut too far into my profit,
especially if I start using Ebay's new features like Gallery pictures
and if you put reserves on items. Ebay is developing a host of new
money-making gimmicks that I'm sure they'll start offering at reasonable
rates which they will later raise when enough people begin to rely on
them. I just wish there were a better way to go with Internet Auctions,
but I just don't know of one. I'd be curious to hear what other dealers
have to say.  FRANC