these debates are meaningful among die-hard collectors.  MOPO  collectors
might look in awe of a room filled with the best SCI-FI//HORROR, but
non-collectors would never imagine 5,000-10,000 per poster.

i have always stated that to a non-collector, you can get the same effect  in
a room with 25.00 posters.

i collect tons of hitch, noir, bette davis, cary grant, etc.  i  have about
66 framed posters and another 50 begging to be displayed.   my average poster
is worth 800 or so.  (some 5,000 plus, others less  than 100.)  yet, i am often
amazed when my non-collector friends  (younger than me who dont even know the
films i display), guess a poster's  value.  recently, someone thought my most
expensive poster was the ugly  half sheet of WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION.
unimpressed with LAURA,  REBECCA, LIFBOAT, SUNSET BLVD, NOTORIOUS, DOUBLE
INDEMNITY,  POSTAMN......................  imagine......

just look at the beautiful artwork of ebay posters that cant fetch 10-15.00
.

i have posters now for less than 10.00 on ebay that i obtained on a fluke,
and just are not selling on ebay!!!

LINK:   _http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwitnessfor_
(http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwitnessfor)

michael