Good Evening All,

I have to say that Freeman is 100% correct in his observations concerning
the use
of lobby cards during the time frame that he has mentioned. Being in
exhibition
management from 1966 thru 1996 full time in the New England area, I too
encountered
what he did in the business. I used to go to the NSS exchanges in both New
York and
Boston, sometimes on a weekly basis, and saw exactly what he saw. Pallets
full of
material that most of the time went nowhere. The main material that was  used
in our
theatres and others in my area back then was the ONE SHEET. If we received
anything
other than that we either sent it back or tossed it. Most of our trailers
and pressbooks
also came from NSS. The only theatres that I found lobby cards and large
format advertising
were in the big city theatres that had very large lobbies with a lot space
to advertise. BTW,
the pressbooks also came with mats that were used to cast plates for
newspaper advertising.
I got to know some of the NSS branch managers quite well during these  times.
They use to
offer me stuff that wasn't used, all the time, if the material did not go
out say like the first two
weeks of a picture's run. Back then a lot of unused material got  tossed or
was mysteriously
lost at the exchanges. When NSS finally folded pallets and pallets of
material found their way
out the back door or landfills. I wish today I had all the stuff that I
refused or threw away. Who
would of known back then what this stuff would be worth today? That's my
observations on this
matter from my part of the world. I too believe, that some of these minty
whites are legit. Heck,
just a few weeks ago I got from technicolor, whom distributes most of the
one sheets today,
single sided one sheets for Rob Zombie's Halloween. Some people in the  hobby
think they are
fakes because they are single sided. Not true. They are out there as
originals both ways, double
and single sided. I'm sure that a good majority of poster dealers and
collectors in our hobby today
were never in the exhibition business as some of us in the hobby were to  see
what we have seen in
the world of movie posters.

Lenny

In a message dated 11/11/2007 5:55:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,