Hi Glenn and Rich!

I find things to be a bit different. While I do have a
number of clients in the entertainment industry, I
believe the vast majority of collectors are not in the
biz but are just fans of movies. So although Rich's
business may have been affected by the strike, mine
certainly hasn't.

Also, as far as Heritage goes, I think Rich may be
exaggerating slightly about who their clientele are.
While everyone focuses on the handfull of posters that
sold for substantial amounts of money- which makes it
easy to say that they cater to the wealthy- you have
to remember that there were over 1300 lots in the sale
with something for everyone. All various genres and
price ranges were represented. I know a number of
people that won items and they are regular folks with
regular jobs. They would not be considered
super-wealthy and some of the items that were sold
were true bargains.

I don't think the economy has truly affected our hobby
yet. And just to go one step further, I've also
noticed over the years that when we have had some
recessions (like back in 1986 or so), people still
wanted their "toys". They may have been late on their
rent, but they had to have their posters. Maybe the
pleasure their collectibles brought took their minds
off of their troubles for a short while.

Ron Moore
Cinema Icons

--- Glenn Taranto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Richard -
>
> I have often wondered how much of the hobby was tied
> to entertainment professionals as opposed to rich
> investors or civilians who may want a poster or two
> for fun.
>
> I think you've provided me with the answer.
>
> Glenn

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/