Apologies if this has already posted.  There is no indication on my email that
it ever made it to the list.
  Merry Christmas, etc. from Joe Bonelli in NOLA:

  Hi, all, from Joe B in NOLA

  I have just seen the most brilliant film adaptation of a musical play I could
ever imagine-- and (finally!) the film masterpiece that I've always known Tim
Burton to be capable of!!!

  "Sweeney Todd" is simply fantastic!!

  Stunning performances from Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman,
Timothy Small and more and more!!
  I could go on but I won't. If you must read about it,  I refer you all to the
unceasing pages of rave reviews pouring out of every paper, magazine and media
critic imaginable.

  And if you don't like musicals---  well, there's plenty of gore to go around!!

  Seriously!  This is the film to beat for all awards this year.  Do yourselves
a favor and head to the cinema asap!!

  As soon as the young-and-old-kiddie-parade finishes (i.e., the holidays are
over) I'm hieing my butt back to the multiplex to see and hear it in all its
gleaming, grisly glory again!

  Joe

  PS-- It didn't hurt that composer/lyricist Stephen Sondheim and his perrenial
orchestrator (Jonathan Tunick) and conductor (Paul Gemigniani) were on hand to
gleefuly participate in the paring down of a work of art of one type into a
work of art of another!
  Simply couldn't be better.

  Joe

  PPS--  And despite this "bloody" message-- ,Happy Holidays, a Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year to you all.

  Joe