It's great to know we're in your thoughts.  You're a pistol, Tom.
Thank you,
Toochis

----- Original Message ----
From: Tom Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:58:35 AM
Subject: [MOPO] MOPO- posters, Tigers and bears .. oh my !

 OK Mopers  - you can come out from under the table..   I have some new

observations

and reflections about Mopo... I have been up finishing a order for a
 NYC
camera shop when it dawned on me the people on mopo..

It reminds me of Wizard of Oz all the personalities and cast on the
list... so I just wanted to start homage

problem when you do that is yo forget someone.. so please ecuse my
  C.R.
S.   But her gos...

Oh and I saw the Drew struzan art ( My fave artist) along with peak,
 and
Amsel for 80s and Hilldebrandt bros Matthews andlettick, andfew
 others..

Anyway.. i was thinking about mopers ive met,,,, some have come to my
old shop like Morrie .. he is a class act and very knowledgeable so it
didnt surprise me when he said he did over 300K as hes organized and up

spirited im sure no matter what.. so hes a good rold model   and im
 told
has one of the largest Lobby card collections in the world.. so thats
cool and was great to meet and do some business.. his wife sound cool
and the ' life is good' is always great.. Sue heim is like a powerhouse

of energy yet ive never met her but seems like a go getter and must be
hard in La  with all the change and cost .. along with Freeman Fisher
who is a wise person Sue and Freeman Fisher  have great film  industry
background  as do many mopers like alan adler, and Toochis ( actress)
and Glen Tarento( adamms family  actor) they are actors writers and the

like... heck- Ira Rubenstein  aka " the Mench" is almost running Sony
pictures and I feel like hes my extended family as many of you are..
Like Dot levy, and geeze so many like Susan on mammoth mountain and
 vinnie
And my musical buddy the great Greg Douglass... I mean this guy playing

in so many famous bands and wrote the Steve Miller song Jungle Love...
how much better can it get,,,? then theres Claude litton, hcris Quarles

Esq.  :)     and
the team of legalese power buyers that I never see because my stuff
 isnt
thier vintage,,,:)
the list gos on.. im thinking states here... Rich in vegas .. who is
like a powerhouse of expertise.. and shrewd :)  Bruce hershenson that
owes me a possum dinner... and neither of us have bought wait I DID BUY

his BOOKs... humph... he never bought from me.... no wonder he owes me
possum..  hes OK because he knows the old guys i grew up on like Howard

Rogofsky,, Richard Danilowitz, ken pierce,
basically the 70s and 80s dealers. I see Granda posters and I remeber
the poster Theare exchange in memphis,  Laffiche in Montreal..
kennnsington gardens in washinton,, greg EBBERT - the burper..:)
Movie madness in cinci... dennis?  and  all the guys in england and
germany and netherlands selling the 1st repos.. I bought from Movie
gallery Marty Liphshultz  in east meadw... MPE of NYC
PORTAL in Corta Madera,  Ira Roberst - bevery hills. artre grafitti -
Italy....man there were so may publishers - scnadecor, verkerke, one
stop  in montery,  Frank Ludlow, cellestial arts,
what about IRA PICKER in Boston??  that was awhile ago...  and who can
forget jerry Ohlinger?
and John Kisch,,, then Grey Smith and the gang at heritage.. and Rudy
 at
nostalgia factory.
and all the people at cinefest   and steve and Doug  ball and scott and

how about ZEEV from canada he was in the Israeli Army  and full of
stories he stopped by and so did Adrien Cowdry from England
a tall red headed brit that like james Bond...
Ok sothink about what the collecting years have meant to you and thats
what you get to take in the end..
the meories.. the stuff it will be sold at a auction...... oh just
remembered David... when he was running from a california Fire and
thought how great it was to be alive... he I even remeber that Joe guy
that sold bogus posters and  eugene the poor linenbacker,, so many
people DEBBIE in La...  that always needs titles and posterati in NYC
sam...  I dont mean to rattle cages about collecting because all
commerce is
based on selling more than we need..like bigger TVs, clothes etc.. Its
ok.. Its just from my perspective
many need to be helped to control as is evidenced in current dow
  market
reports . It seems like this year will have some decent Movies  coming
out  and I actually want to see some .. KIRBY is the movie reporter,
 and
Rix poster and masterpiece posters always have posters.. I know thers
many of you more like  Steven and natalie, and  Andrea.... and last but

not least Shelly Whitworth... she thought I had croaked. thats why she
asked...Ilove films i Texas.... Channing....Ray courts show. Phillip..
Brian bukantis. so many people i was lucky to have spoken too...  make
list... its interesting..
So how has movie poster dom  touched you?  there more to posters than
just the paper....
Its a communal experiance like the shows.. and  auctions ... I reliezed

that since 1990 ive been on a
10% operateing.... ha!  well just wanted to let you people know I think

about you...
happy new year.