From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Evan
Zweifel
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 1:09 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Collection of Best Picture One Sheets -- I'm not bidding!

The problem with collecting "Best Picture" films -- is that the
Academy almost never gets it right! If you don't like their selection,
you're pretty much stuck.  C'mon, who really wants a one sheet for "The
English Patient" in their collection -- especially when "Fargo" is a
much cooler movie from 1996!  And really, who wants 1 style of
"Mrs. Miniver", let alone 2!

So, I checked out IMDB to determine what the internet community
(InterNerds) thought were the best movies (or at least most popular)
of each year for the last 77 years and came up with a very interesting
list (I cheated a few times, but hey, its my list).  Yes, I realize
that this community is ill equipped to judge films -- but its the only
data I have available.  Frankly, I would much prefer these posters to
those of the actual winners.  In fact, this list kicks butt!

Now, as we all know, being a great movie doesn't always mean a great
poster.  So my challenge to this list is to create a list of the
greatest poster for each year for the last 77 years.  The only ones I
am pretty sure of, are 1982 (Blade Runner) and 1974 (Young Frankenstein)
-- the rest I leave to you.

Enjoy,

Evan Zweifel

Real Best Picture 1930-2007
---------------------------

(2007) There Will Be Blood
(2006) The Departed
(2005) Sin City
(2004) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
(2003) The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
(2002) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
(2001) The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
(2000) Memento
(1999) The Matrix
(1998) American History X
(1997) L.A. Confidential
(1996) Fargo
(1995) The Usual Suspects
(1994) The Shawshank Redemption
(1993) Schindler's List
(1992) Reservoir Dogs
(1991) The Silence of the Lambs
(1990) Goodfellas
(1989) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
(1988) Die Hard
(1987) Full Metal Jacket
(1986) Aliens
(1985) Back to the Future
(1984) Amadeus
(1983) Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
(1982) Blade Runner
(1981) Raiders of the Lost Ark
(1980) Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
(1979) Apocalypse Now
(1978) The Deer Hunter
(1977) Star Wars
(1976) Taxi Driver
(1975) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
(1974) The Godfather: Part II
(1973) The Sting
(1972) The Godfather
(1971) A Clockwork Orange
(1970) Patton
(1969) Z
(1968) 2001: A Space Odyssey
(1967) Cool Hand Luke
(1966) Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il
(1965) Per qualche dollaro in piĆ¹
(1964) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
(1963) The Great Escape
(1962) Lawrence of Arabia
(1961) Judgment at Nuremberg
(1960) Psycho
(1959) North by Northwest
(1958) Vertigo
(1957) 12 Angry Men
(1956) The Killing
(1955) The Night of the Hunter
(1954) Rear Window
(1953) Stalag 17
(1952) Singin' in the Rain
(1951) The African Queen
(1950) Sunset Blvd.
(1949) The Third Man
(1948) The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
(1947) Out of the Past
(1946) It's a Wonderful Life
(1945) Brief Encounter
(1944) Double Indemnity
(1943) The Ox-Bow Incident
(1942) Casablanca
(1941) Citizen Kane
(1940) Rebecca
(1939) Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
(1938) The Adventures of Robin Hood
(1937) The Awful Truth
(1936) Modern Times
(1935) Bride of Frankenstein
(1934) It Happened One Night
(1933) Duck Soup
(1932) I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang
(1931) M
(1930) All Quiet on the Western Front