From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Richard Auras
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:53 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] mopo- what do movies mean to the public and society
& pop culture

I know exactly what Tom means.  I love to read vintage movie magazines
and you see so much of how not only the kids idolized their favorite
star but the adults as well.  Women would get their hair cut or dyed to
look just like a certain star that they idolized.  It didn't go missing
with the men either since the sale of bowler hat would shoot up after
the release of a film where the star wore a bowler.  People would be
caught up with what the stars were doing off screen as well as on which
is why movie mags sold so well.

These days we go to the movie, hopefully enjoy the film and then
anxiously await for the next release that we've been waiting for.  When
I was a kid we would get together and play out great western battles or
the classic cops and robbers.  With my grandson being that age now, what
does he act out with his friends....?  Cartoons!!  Ben 10 or Ninja
Turtles.  His only non-cartoon exception is his LOVE for the
Transformers movie.  I will have to pack him off to the Indiana Jones
film when it comes out.  Then on the way home I'll buy him a Fedora and
a bullwhip (won't the other parents love me) and we can act out real
adventure.

We don't have to live in the past but at LIVE!

             Rick
www.ilovefilms.com