<"I’d also like to know if anyone has ever been able to trace the history of a
specific poster that they own all the way to the actual movie theater where the
poster was displayed during the films original run.">

  Hi, Tom, from Joe B in New Orleans.

  I can't trace this poster's entire history but:

  I own a US half-sheet for the Fox CinemaScope epic about the Spaniards in
early California (with Michael Rennie as Father Serra), "Seven Cities of Gold."
 I acquired it from  New Orleans friend about 5 or 6 years ago.
  On the rear of the poster is written in pencil, "Joy Theater, Vicksburg,
Miss."  This would be my home town theatre where this film played in the late
1950s upon its release.
  I saw it there as a teenager and, as I used to carefully peruse the poster
display, there is no question that I looked at this particular poster.
  So I own a poste I looked at on display over fifty years ago.

  Joe

Tom Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   warehouse FIND  circa 1980  well. this is 100% TRUE  story  ... I can tell
you some storys of  warehouse  finds  of all kinds of stuff because when i
started ther wasnt a internet
and we just would list stuff in magazines and call people... it was very funny
now that I think about it..

well one of my largest finds was found on the day Reagan  was shot by
Hinckley... I was in Downtown

Toledo at the Hirsh bookstore.. Maury Hirsh was selling out .. He stated in
1924 with a Model t truck and a street vendor magazine stand.. I still have a
pic of that stand he gave me..
 well Maury and his wife had a great toledo legendary Bookshop and he was quite
the businessman.

well I didnt attend the sale to like the last week,,, and when I got there i
noticed losts of old things

and on the counter was a box of 1940s postcards unused lined and some wher ww2
and some comic cards and some old black racial type and anti hitler...  Most
were of scenes of Toledo OHIO

well.. he wanted 35 cents a piece..... I said ILL take em all.....and then I
asked  " Do You have any MORE??"

Well he looked and said SONNY come this way..... he took me in some room and
there were  100 unopened boxes of 1000 in each box..... there were folder
postcards you name it......
 so he said take all  300 a box,,, I think,,,,,

well they were so heavy when i loaded my van,,, that I blew out a tire in the
middle of downtown

and cold jack the van up so i had to hire a tow truck as I was waiting the
radio announced Regan was

 shot.. then my bettery went dead.... so  I thought great now what////

Anyways I also bought magazines he had saved from the 30s and 40s UNREAD like
new,..
and some old toys...

What amazed me is that all during the sale this stuff was availible  and none
inquired,,,,

I sold these for years and years to collectors and stores and all over...
actually I still have about 1000

First MOPO   preson to email me.. Ill pop some in the mail to YOU FREE as a
Hollywood dream Factory® fun surprise for 3-11-08

Joseph Mitch wrote:
    I often wonder how the old posters have survived all these years. I’m
talking about posters from the 1910’s, 20’s and 30’s.

  Who was saving these things? It’s not like they were worth any money. The
original owners were probably long gone by the time these posters became
valuable.

  I’m curious to know if most posters survived mostly because they were in some
movie theater/studio warehouse or if it was just regular people who had a
couple posters in their house over the years

now.   Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com
PROTECTED]  In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L    The author of
this message is solely responsible for its content.