From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Lieberman
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:16 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] More eBay Frustrations

well......up until now I've pretty much gone with the flow with ebays
changes.....I've never seen what all the fuss and bitching was about. None
of the changes had any real drastic effect on me so I really didn't care.

until today.

they announced they will no longer allow sellers to accept checks or money
orders. Period.

I asked my rep if they will still allow direct bank wire transfers....she
said yes.

I then listened to the online webinar they just had that ended an hour ago
and asked them directly if wire transfers would be allowed, and they told me
NO.

so I'm not sure what the real answer is....but I'm guessing it is no.

if this is the case, I told them I would be removing my very valuable items
from my store. There is no way I'm allowing somebody to buy a $20,000.00
poster with paypal or a credit card. Its not even the fees that bother
me.....its that lone dishonest buyer out there somewhere that will buy
something from me....pay with a credit card....receive the poster from
me....and then claim I sent them an empty package.....do a chargeback
dispute.......and we all know the buyer wins every time.....so that would
leave me screwed.

This happened to me once with about an $80.00 item several years ago....and
there is no way as a seller you can prove you sent a poster and not an empty
box. The buyer will always win.

So there is no way I'm keeping my expensive items in my store and have ebay
force me to take a credit card or paypal for them. I don't mind keeping the
lesser valued items in there, but they are really shooting themselves in the
foot with this one.

granted...most of my high dollar items are sold off of ebay....directly on
my website...so these new changes won't kill me.....but it just pisses me
off that they could be so stupid.

anything sold on my site over $2000.00 must be paid for by cash, check,
money order, or wire transfer.

I asked this to ebay.....will they force those who sell a $10,000 AUTOMOBILE
on ebay to take paypal or credit cards for the entire amount? They said no,
they will still allow checks.

why should autos get an exemption?

what about all the other high end collectibles on ebay that routinely sell
for several thousand dollars....coins, stamps, baseball cards, comics, movie
and music memoribilia?? They are forcing all these sellers to accept paypal
or credit cards.....unless of course the buyer can pick it up in
person....then they can pay in cash or by check.

I'm officially jumping on the bandwagon.....ebay is run by full retards.
(apologies to tropic thunder).

David Lieberman
CineMasterpieces.com <http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/>  | 602 309 0500 |
15721 N. Greenway Hayden Loop, Suite 105 -- Scottsdale, Az 85260 |
Vintage Original Movie Posters | Office/Gallery Open By Appt. Only.

  _____

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal
<http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?ncid=aoltrv00050000000047> here.