For all of this talk about how horrible eBay is, and how much better
consigning is, I will remind people that I will accept a limited number of
consignments for set sale and/or auction.  My auctions have routinely kicked
tail on lobby cards (anyone who's seen us at a show knows it's a big
specialty of ours) - but our larger size paper is also (finally) setting
records.  In our July auction, I was worried about the Goldfinger 3-sheet,
and the Invisible Man 1-sheet we had up for sale since Heritage had just
sold the same items a week earlier.  But my prices realized beat them by 30%
and 20% respectively, plus we sold a Sabrina 1-sheet for more than 2x the
best price Bruce has ever gotten.

Those were all my own items as I always put my money where my mouth is, but
my consignment rate is a flat 15% of the selling price which pretty much
cuts in half what any other dealer/auction house will charge.

I will admit I'm probably not the right choice for lots of things (I've
never done very well with foreign paper except Godzilla of course), but if
you have quality science fiction or horror, or many other things, it would
be downright silly not to talk to me.

For example I recently sold a 1947 Dracula one sheet for a customer that
netted him FIVE FIGURES HIGHER than the one recently at Profiles.

The sky isn't falling everywhere.

Sean

www.PlatinumPosters.com <http://www.platinumposters.com/>

  _____