From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richard
Halegua Comic Art
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 8:31 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Last Chance to Sign Up as Seller on MPB

Okay Folks

I see all the griping about FleaBay
I've been reading the gripes for months now since they announced all
the things you hate began happening

Well, I'm going to give sellers one last chance to register at
MoviePosterBid.com

Why do I say "Last Chance" ?

It's because I have been seriously considering turning MPB private
for moths now and I think I have finally reached the point where I'm
going to be making my final decision.

Why would I want to turn the site "private" ?
To be honest, during the past 2 years since I bought the site I
really haven't had very many sellers come over. I understand that
many sellers feel the site wasn't ready for them to come over, but
now that I've been running my 99 cents no reserve auctions
successfully for 60 weeks, I really don't think that the issues
preventing sellers from signing up exist anymore. None the less, if
sellers don't want to migrate to MPB, there isn't any reason for MPB
to continue to make seller status available.

Does fleaBay have more buyers.. well yes it does.. But who says you
have to leave them behind? You can indeed list at both sites & I
doubt you will find a detriment to it.

Also, I'm not exactly cutting off all seller registrations. I'm going
to be dividing MPB into two sections
1) 99 cent no reserve auctions (my auctions)
2) MPB Stores (all other sellers except for during special event auctions)

Future sellers will only be those that are invited and those that
have supported MPB in the past.
By limiting the sellers in this way, I can be sure that only 100%
honest sellers have material listed and of course that reduces
problematic issues that both collectors and administration have to deal with

At Cinevent I will be having extensive design & architecture
discussions with my programmer as we continue to redesign the site,
and we will announce these improvements afterward, but for now you
just have to answer one question.....

Do you or do you not want to be selling Movie Posters at the only
site devoted strictly to Cinemaphiles?

Please note: I will be vetting any member who wishes to get seller
status and also I have begun deleting seller status for members who
haven't signed on for a long time.. I will continue that process
during this transition period. So consider this a final invitation.

Sign up now... or forever hold your fleaBay