Patrick

On Sep 28, 2008, at 5:34 AM, John Mody wrote:

Caddyshack for sure. Can't stop watching it. Jaws, Shawshank and Goodfellas close second.

John Mody

Casablanca, The Lady Eve, To Kill a Mockingbird, Singing in the Rain, Night at the Opera, Sunset Blvd., The Maltese Falcon...The Thing (both of them)...I'm afraid this list is longer

Toochis

----- Original Message ----
From: Alan Heimann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 8:38:44 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] What are movies where EVERY time you see one flipping channels, you end up watching some or all?

can't resist bond flicks
-----MoPo List <mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU> wrote: -----

To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
From: Bruce Hershenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: MoPo List <mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Date: 09/27/2008 06:19PM

I was e-mailing with Freeman Fisher and he mentioned he had seen Hud at least a dozen times (and I know I have as well, because it is simply a wonderful movie). I have found that there are a select group of movies where EVERY time I see one of them while flipping channels, I say "I'll just watch a few minutes of this" (even if it is in the middle or near the end) but then I realize a great scene is coming up soon, and I think, "well, I have to watch that" and then there is another great scene coming up and then quite often I end up watching it all (and marveling just how great a movie I think it is)! A good example of this for me is "The Princess Bride" or "Cool Hand Luke", but there are lots of others. I was wondering, is this just true of me, or do many of you also have movies that you find "irresistible" to not start watching when you see they are playing on TV (even though you have seen them one or many times before)? And if so, what movies are they?
Bruce
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com