I second that emotion.

Patrick

On Oct 5, 2008, at 4:32 PM, Toochis Morin wrote:

The remake with Nicole Kidman was horrid.

Toochis

----- Original Message ----
From: Roger Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Sunday, October 5, 2008 4:26:21 PM
Subject: [MOPO] Stepford Wives

I just saw the Stepford Wives (1975) for the first time and thought
it was one of the creepier films I've seen. I'm surprised that this
film doesn't get mentioned more. Maybe some day the film will get
some respect, and large batches of minty white inserts will be
produced. I think the poster has a great image. I remember seeing
this image in the newspaper ads when the film came out.

I understand that the book had a more interesting ending, and that
the director re-wrote William Goldman's darker screenplay ending.
Still, I thought it was a very good movie.

-rk