Maybe my experience is unique and it has been more than 5 years since I
have sent work, but my experiences in the past with Chris Cloutier have
been entirely different that Andrea's, but I certainly would not
tolerate rudeness from someone, nay anyone, who is supposed to be
performing a service that you are paying for.

I believe that Chris has backed and done some partial restoration on at
least 25 or so pieces I sent him...some what I would politely call "very
rough" to say the least.  One example was "the Egyptian" which came back
to me beautifully restored. When I dealt with Chris, he gave me upfront
costs for what needed to be done, and realistic turnarounds which were
not necessarily quick, but I was never disappointed with his results and
his expectations for turnaround times were as promised.

At the time I used him, he was not set up to do 3 sheets or large French
posters, so I sent 3 items to Jaime Mendes, who also did terrific work
backing them and doing some light fold restoration.  I would put the
quality of work I received from Jaime and Chris on a equal par.

At the end of the day, any business rests not only on the quality of its
services, but how it treats its customers.  This hobby is largely a word
of mouth one and I would think every restorer would appreciate that.
Now, as always, the consumer has a choice.

Eric Melanson

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]