I'd like to add my two cents.  Some years ago (maybe 20), I lived in Miami and
worked on a cruise ship so was therefore gone from each Sat. to the following
Sat.  One week, I came home to find someone had popped open a sliding patio
door on the second floor, and stolen half the contents of the house.  The
insurance claim came to almost $100,000 which wasn't even enough to cover the
cost; and they depreciated quite a few of the items whether they were worn or
not.  Didn't collect movie paper at that time, but did collect rare books,
Hummel figurines, and other stuff.  I had two insurance policies; one refused
to pay anything because as they put it "You have another policy.  They'll pay."
 The police investigated, took fingerprints (what a mess!), made a full report,
etc.  I kept in contact with the police but nothing ever turned up.  A month or
so later, the house next door was broken into (ostensibly by the same people),
but a relative of the owner happened to stop by while the thieves were there.
The front door was open slightly, so the visitor went in and hollered "Hello".
One of the thieves was just coming down the stairs and said to the visitor
"Good thing you're here!  We think the house has been robbed.  You'd better go
usptairs and see if you can tell what's missing."  The visitor started up the
stairs while the man on the stairs continued down and out the front door.  The
visitor realized after a few seconds that whoever this guy was he had no
business there, so he turned and ran out after him.  He caught the
make/model/license plate of the getaway car, and called police.  Police traced
the car, went to the residence of the car owner, and questioned him.  He said
he'd been home all that day and didn't know anything about it.  So that was the
end of it!  I never heard another word about either robbery.  I personally
visited all the secondhand shops, pawn shops, etc., for a trace of anything,
but never found anything.  Based on the items stolen from me (set of women's
luggage, my slacks/clothing, furniture including matching throw cushions) I
assumed that the items weren't sold but rather used to furnish the crooks'
home.  I know police have lots of work to do especially in Miami chasing
illegal aliens, drug dealers, murderers, etc., but it would have been nice to
have had some help and maybe something might have been recovered.  Nothing
against police--look at the great work they did on 9/11 and the day-to-day work
they do.  But robberies seem to be low on their list of priorities.  I, like
Bruce, learned the hard way the vaule of a good alarm system, which of course I
immediately had installed.  Happy Holidays to all!  Judi

Judith Weaver
1457 Guava Avenue
Melbourne, FL  32935
321-514-4861