Richard:

You make some very interesting points in your email.

First, after seeing your list, I must confess I must check out your site
more often.  I think there are some great posters there for 0.99 cents.
I said the same thing to Bruce when he reminded me of the large number
of his auctions that begin at 0.99 cents.

As to what is "worth" 0.99 cents....that is more interesting.  I am an
"image junkie" and always have been.  I have bought quite a few posters
in the $3 to $10 range purely for the image depicted since I appreciate
fine artwork, be it derived from photography or illustration
(understand, I have 2 sons, one is an illustrator and print-maker, the
other a photographer...so I think it remains in the gene pool!).   There
are other movies that are favorites of mine for which the image is lousy
even though the movie is great (I love "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World,
but the Bass image of a globe does nothing for me.)

Another thought is what do you get for 99 cents?  You can't get into a
movie, buy a gallon of gas, the Sunday newspaper or a hot dog anymore.
A 99 cent poster might be quite a bargain considering the enjoyment you
get for a very modest price.

Eric Melanson
email: eric...@comcast.net